Privacy & Cookies Policy
ARINA is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
The personal information collected on this website will be used to
process your order and to provide you with the goods and services in
accordance with your purchase.
We collect only personal information that is necessary for the fulfillment of the above mentioned purposes, such as your contact information, credit card information for payment, flight and travel details as well as the selected collection date and collection location. Your personal information shall be used and detained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of such purposes.
You have a right to access your personal information or to ask for a modification or rectification of such personal information. You must address your written request at the following address email@example.com
The Loop Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by ARINA for the purposes specified below. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what to expect when ARINA collects personal information about you via our websites, telephone, email, mobile devices, manual forms, or in person.
The Information We Collect About You and The Purpose for Collecting Information
We may collect information about you via this website, telephone, email, mobile devices, forms, or in person. The personal information that we collect may include:
your date of birth;
your contact details (including your email address, phone number and postal address);
· details on your flight (including flight number, destination and airline details);
- your credit/debit card billing address;
We may collect personal information from you in order to enable you to use the services which include:
· Purchasing goods at one of The Loop Duty Free stores or online through The Loop Duty Free website (and to making an account on our website);
· Signing up to receive information such as newsletters and offers;
· Entering any competition or participate in any promotion which we may offer from time to time;
· Participating in any events at The Loop Duty Free stores;
· Submitting a query via email, phone, online form or postal correspondence; and
· Visiting our website, domains or use one of our apps.
We may also collect personal information from you where you apply for employment or a volunteer position with us; or where we are required to do so by law.
When you use our website we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include your computer IP address, referral URL, geo-location and data about the webpages that you access. Generally this information is not personally identifiable data, but to the extent that it is considered personal information for the purposes of any applicable law or regulation, we will comply with our obligations under any such law or regulation when processing that information.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us on request we may be unable to provide our services to you, or, it may affect the quality of our services.
We will only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with your authorisation and/or for the purposes set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy, which shall include:
· to provide you with access to and use of our services;
· to bill you and collect any debt owed to us by you;
· to communicate with you (for example to provide customer support or to ask feedback about our services)
· to facilitate your use of our services and help provide a more personalised experience;
· to research and help improve and enhance our services;
· to undertake administrative functions associated with our business;
Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us by clicking the unsubscribe function included in our marketing communications.
Information you provide may also be used to conduct statistical analysis of our products or services, analyse future trends and build customer profiles. This processing is carried out in ARINA’s legitimate interests and allows us to ensure customers continue to find our products valuable and so that we can continue to invest in the infrastructure to meet customers’ future needs in our stores at YUL Montreal- Trudeau International Airport .
Who We May Share This Information With
We may disclose your personal information to:
· Our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
· Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our IT service, marketing or customer support providers or our suppliers;
· debt collection agencies or companies
· anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
· anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of ARI Montreal and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
· anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed;
· persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies;
· third parties (e.g. business partners) to whom we may have a legal or contractual obligation to share your information with for business purposes
Security of information
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
Our websites and systems and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of Canada and therefore, your information may be transferred outside Canada to that country. Where personal information is transferred outside of Canada, we will ensure that the third party to whom it is transferred is subject to comparable privacy laws to Canada or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to Canada’s privacy laws.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date. You can update your personal details at any time through our website. Alternatively, you must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect. If we are not willing to correct errors that you have identified in your personal information, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction sought.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is required to achieve the purposes set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy or as otherwise required by law.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. You should not reveal your password to other people and you should change it regularly. ARINA will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or wish to correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer,
Cargo Building 6, Corballis Park,
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or in writing at:
Data Protection Officer,
Cargo Building 6, Corballis Park,
The Loop Retail Services – Duty Free – for in-store purchases, we do not collect personal data (we do not retain payment data in our shops). However, in order to provide duty free prices, we collect flight details as provided on your boarding card. The information collected is limited to the item purchased and flight information such as the airline and destination details. and see here for Privacy Statement details.
2.7. The Loop Retail Services – ‘Click & Collect’ – we offer a ‘Click & Collect’ service that requires us to collect information to enable us to identify you at the point of collection and to communicate with you if you ask us to – for the loop.ie and see here for Privacy Statement details.
· understanding what you like and use about our website;
· understanding what you do not like and do not use on our website;
· providing a more enjoyable, customized service and experience,
· enabling you to use certain services on our website
· helping us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
· providing important secure features and services;
· measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and how we can improve them for you; and
· understanding and improving how people interact with our site, such as to collect information including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.”
Technical details in connection with visits to our websites are logged for statistical purposes only. No information is collected that could be used by ARINA to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following:
· the top-level domain name used (e.g. .ie, .com, .org, .net)
· data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (such as pages accessed, and documents downloaded)
· the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics, which allow us to measure the number of visitors to our sites, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally help us to increase the usability and accessibility of our sites. We do not release any information or statistics to third parties.